November 2, 2010

what would you do on your last day to live? the other day my friend eduardo and i were asking each other a series of questions and this one came up... what would i do my last day on earth? at first i wanted to give the funny answer... buy a life saver, but i knew that this was not the appropriate time. it took me a while to answer this, because its not something i think about very often. so here it goes... if i were to die tomorrow i would write letters to all of my friends and family and tell them how much i love them, so after i passed away they would have something to hold on to, a reminder that i never stopped loving them. i would also bury a box filled with my favorite pictures, trinkets, and a small letter to whoever finds it, to let them know that, that is my little piece of me left behind. I would try to help anyone, and everyone who needed me before i pass. i would get all of my family and friends together to go to the lake for the night. i would want to have the biggest, longest bonfire ever, and have all of us together laughing, sharing stories, and i would tell every one of them how they have impacted my life. i would give away all of my clothes, and possessions to less fortunate people. i would ask for forgiveness for anything i forgot to already, and as the night came to end, as all of my friends and family left, i would sit alone, with a beautiful bonfire in front of me and thank God for everything, good and bad that has happened in my life. i would sit with my eyes closed and take in my last minutes. i would hear every sound, and smell every smell, i would be ready to meet my maker, and praise him with everything in me.

1 comment:

  1. If tomorrow were my last day on earth, I'd wake up, say my goodbyes to me new friends here and let them now how much I have enjoyed my short time with them. I'd catch a direct flight to Dallas. During the flight I would write letters to everyone that has had an impact on my life. Just to let them know how much I love them and how much they have done for me in guiding my life in the direction I was going. When I landed in Dallas I would invite family and close friends to my house, and I would make a huge batch of waffles for everyone and we would all sit around talking and eating my amazing waffles. I would invite everyone to share their favorite stories or moments with me, and I would bid them all farewell with a hug and a kiss. Then I would spend my last moments with my mom, dad, and siblings gathered around me. We would pray and just enjoy each others company, and look forward to seeing each other all together again.

    ReplyDelete